Educational Institutions Should Dissuade Students From Pursuing Fields Of Study In Which They Are Unlikely To Succeed. Write A Response In Which You Discuss Your Views On The Policy And Explain Your Reasoning For The Position You Take. In Developing And S

Students go to school to learn and prepare for their future careers. It is the Educational institutions’ responsibility to teach, equip and prepare their students for their future by providing them with the appropriate knowledge they will need. But is it the Institutions’ responsibility or call to dissuade their students from pursuing the field of study which they think they will unlikely succeed? The answer to this question is no. The Educational institution is not in position to do it. Their main job and responsibility is to teach and prepare their students for their future career or field of study. No one but the student himself knows if he/she will succeed or can do it and it is only the student who has the right to decide for himself.

No matter how hard or impossible it is to succeed in one field of study, it is only the person who will take it knows or can tell if he/she will succeed or not since it is he who will do it for himself not other people. A person’s dedication, hard work and commitment can make the impossible possible. Also a person’s future should not be judged or be based on his/her performance in class because we don’t know exactly what causing the student to fail or why the student is not doing good in class because there are a lot of factors to be considered like lack of resources, not so good professors, environment etc… One’s success or future success should not be based only on school performance. A lot of my classmates in high school are on the average side who made it big and succeed in their chosen fields compared to those who are on the top of our class, which are expected to be successful in any filed of study they will decide to pursue.

Educational institutions are there to guide, mold and teach their students to be successful not to dissuade or prevent them in pursuing what they want to do or take in the future. What ever the student wants to pursue, it is the Educational institutions’ responsibility to help and support them achieve it.

Submitted by: jennymagbag

Naveedjaved33
+8

Very much clear in terms of expressing your opinion but lacks supporting examples, too short and without a conclusion...
December,12 2012

Mtafellmanvicen
+1

August,25 2015

Mtafellmanvicen
+1

August,19 2015

Mtafellmanvicen
+1

August,19 2015

Mtafellmanvicen
+1

August,25 2015

Mtafellmanvicen
+1

August,25 2015

Mtafellmanvicen
+1

August,25 2015

EtherWei
+1

3/10. The first paragraph of the essay is quite too long and too verbose. For example, the sentence " The answer to this question is no. The Educational institution is not in position to do it." is clearly redundant.
And this essay has only one body-paragraph, a generally dangerous sign in GRE essay rating. The author did mention several points, first is "it is only the person who will take it knows or can tell if he/she will succeed or not" and the second is " person’s future should not be judged or be based on his/her performance in class". I recommend the author put those two points in different paragraphs.
December,26 2016