Governments Should Place Few, If Any, Restrictions On Scientific Research And Development. Write A Response In Which You Discuss The Extent To Which You Agree Or Disagree With The Recommendation And Explain Your Reasoning For The Position You Take. In Dev

Scientific research and development is working for future advancements that will benefit us all. Some are facilitated and under the supervision of the Government while others are facilitated by private companies. Although it is a work in benefit of the majority, the Government should have some restrictions with all these scientific research and development because the Government has a responsibility to protect its people, environment and its country from whatever possible things or situation that can harm its people and the country.

A lot of us have benefited from the scientific research and development that have been performed in the past, the best example of this are the medicines and vaccines that we have right now in treating diseases and illnesses that are not curable before like tuberculosis, bacterial infections and many others, without the discoveries and science advancement, we were not be able to cure these and can lead to plague and can result in human extinction. Although we owe a lot in scientific research and development, we should also keep in mind that there should be some restrictions in doing so to protect us human and our environment from possible misuse or abuse of our environment and resources. One example is the use of environmental resources, if we don’t put limit on how many trees they can cut or how many insects or animals they can use on research, it can cause a more serious problem in the future as all these things are important in maintaining the homeostasis in our environment. Lost of too much trees can cause flooding during heavy rains which can also cause death to a lot of people like what happened in the Philippines, because of their environmental abuse, they are now facing bigger problems on flood that have killed thousand of people.

Some may argue that having restrictions or control with the scientific research and development may hinder it to come up with more discoveries and development, but developing a restriction does not mean not allowing them to use resources, restrictions can be done by setting limit, by doing so the person who is performing the research will be cautious and not be wasteful with the use of the resources knowing that it is not unlimited.

Scientific research and development is beneficial to many of us but the Government should have some restrictions to protect us and our environment for possible misuse and abuse of its resources that is also in our benefit.

Submitted by: jennymagbag

About jennymagbag